Under Review/Completed Working Papers
1. Monetary News Shocks
(co-author N. Ben Zeev and C. Gunn).
2. Entry, Exit and Economic Growth: US Regional Evidence
(co-author M. Casares).
3. House Prices and Government Spending Shocks
(co-author A. Reza).
4. Investment-Specific News Shocks and U.S. Business Cycles
(co-author N. Ben Zeev). Revised and Resubmitted Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Shocks and UK Business Cycles
(co-author J. Tsoukalas).
1. The Stock Market and the Consumer Confidence Channel: Evidence from Canada (co-author L. Karnizova).
Empirical Economics (Forthcoming) 2014.
2. Effects of Productivity Shocks on Hours-Worked: U.K. Evidence (co-author J. Tsoukalas).
B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics (Contributions) Vol. 13, Issue 1, September 2013.
3. Markups and Oil Prices in Canada
(co-author B-G. Kim). Economic Modelling 30, January 2013, 799-813.
4. The Quantitative Importance of News Shocks in Estimated DSGE Models
(co-author J. Tsoukalas). Journal of Money, Credit and Banking Vol.44, No.8, 2012, 1535-1561.
5. Investment Shocks and the Comovement Problem (co-author J. Tsoukalas),
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.35, 2011, 115-130
6. Investment Adjustment Costs: An Empirical Assessment (co-author C. Groth), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking [Lead Article] 42(8), 2010, 1469-1494
7.Inventory Investment and the Real Interest Rate (co-author S. Junayed). Economics: The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Vol. 3, 2009-34
Phillips Curve Under State-Dependent Pricing
(co-authors B. Rudolf and H. Bakhshi).
Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol 54, Issue 8, November 2008, 2321-2345.
New Keynesian Phillips Curve under Trend Inflation and
(co-authors B. Rudolf, P. Burriel, and H.
Bakhshi). Journal of Macroeconomics, Vol 29, Number 1, March 2007, 37-59.
of Sticky Information Phillips Curve for the United
States (co-author Z. Zhu). Journal of Money,
Credit, and Banking, Vol 38, Number 1, 2006, 197-207.
Phillips Curve under Alternative Technologies for Canada,
the United States, and the Euro Area (co-author
E. Gagnon). European Economic Review, 19(6),
August 2005, 1571-1602.
Behaviour, Competition, and Markup Shocks in the New
Keynesian Model. Economics Letters,
Vol 87, 3, June 2005, 329-335.
Stickiness, Trend Inflation, and Output Dynamics: A
Cross-Country Analysis. Canadian Journal
of Economics, 37 (4), 2004, 999-1020.
Stickiness, Inflation, and Real Exchange Rate Dynamics:
A Cross-Country Analysis. Economics Letters,
71(2), 2001, 247-253.
Other papers and notes
on the Derivation of New Keynesian Phillips Curve Under
Positive Steady State Inflation
(co-author B. Rudolf).
Inflation, and Monetary Policy (co-author R.
Moessner). Bank of England Working Paper no. 246.
of Information Technology Sector to Output and Labour
Productivity Growth in Canada (co-author M.
Santos). Bank of Canada Working Paper 2002-07.
4. Product Diffusion, Increasing Returns to Specialization, and the Propagation of Shocks.