SIMULATION METHODS in BUSINESS
Dr.Irwin. S. Pressman
(the most recent are at the top of the list)
back to top
- See the PROJECT information on this line or below. This is important! Final Project
- If your partner has dropped the course, please e-mail me as soon as possible. I will try to match you with a new partner. If anyone requires a partner NOW please contact me (Oct. 25).
- You can obtain your current marks by clicking on the LINK above to Marks or here Marks to date .
- Answers to assignment 1 are here Assignment 1 solutions The 40x40 initial matrix is available here Monopoly Matrix
- Check CHAT pages for announcements, etc. There was a typo in the interarrivbal rate that has been corrected 2 2 4.. instead of 2 3 4 .. and the MATLAB transpose is A' single quote.
- Assignment 2 consists of the following 6 problems:TEXTBOOK Page 60 #21 #22. Page 138 #12 #15 plus 2 straight forward MATLAB problems which will be handed out in class. The DUE date of Oct 19 has been extended to Monday October 23 4-6PM to give you the extra weekend. The elevator problem #22 can be done manually with a given RANDOM set of inter-arrival times for boxes of each type. For simplicity, these times may be integers for the box question but not #12 or #15. The queueing question may need some software which you can write in C if you like or borrow the MATLAB queue software which you can copy by clicking here queue software or from the Z:drive in the lab. It is NOT essential that you do this.
- My Office Hours are Mondays 4:10 PM-6:00 PM. I am available by appointment also.
- The software from last class is available in the lab HP3933 in the z: drive. Do change your path to make sure that your MATLAB looks there. Type "help path" for directions. You will do something like path(path,'Z:\ipress')
- We have this lab booked every Monday from 4:30 to 6:00. Click here for some gaming rules available for those interested in simulating other games.
- The text book is Discrete-Event System Simulation, 3/e (2001) by J. Banks et al.
- For some MATLAB instructions click on MATLAB INSTRUCTIONS
back to top